Super Seal Tamper Evident Labels, Red, 3 in x 6 in, Roll of 100, XPGS50-71RE
- Buy 5 for $45.00 each and save 18%
- Buy 10 for $43.00 each and save 22%
- Buy 50 for $42.00 each and save 24%
Pilfering can occur when a box is slit open, contents are removed, and then the box is resealed with clear packing tape.
Our Super Seals are a tamper evident label that provides two methods to visibly detect pilfering:
- A "color-change" feature which reveals the word OPEN when the carton is resealed with clear packing tape.
- Printed diagonal lines which are difficult to re-align after re-sealing
Like conventional security labels, these seals have a tamper evident construction; if the pilfer-guard is removed, it will leave the message "OPENED" in the seal and on the carton.
Also, each seal has a unique serial number for added security, which can be recorded on the packing list or bill of lading.
However, these seals are unique in their added features to detect pilfering.
Security tape and seals are often used to detect tampering while a shipping carton is in transit or storage. Pilferage can occur after the carton sealing tape is slit on a carton seam, then re-sealed with clear packing tape. To the un-trained eye, this technique can be difficult to detect prior to signing the bill of lading to accept the goods.
Our super seal pilfer-guard seals provide two methods to visibly detect this type of pilferage:
- A color change feature which reveals the word OPEN when the carton is cut and resealed with clear packing tape.
The pilfer-guard seals have a special chemical coating, which is activated by direct contact with adhesive in carton sealing tape. If clear tape is placed over the "pilfer-guard" to re-seal the carton, the hidden word "OPEN" appears about 2 hours later. The 2-hour delay is typically enough time to activate the hidden security feature before the package is delivered or accepted. When the carton is presented with the word "OPEN" prominently showing, the recipient can inspect the contents immediately to confirm if a theft claim is needed, prior to accepting the shipment.
- The pilfer-guard seals also have diagonal lines to indicate pilfering. After slitting, opening, and resealing the carton, the diagonal lines are very difficult to re-align and/or there will be a small gap in the label which will separate the diagonal lines.
Instructions: Apply the labels to each carton seam which is vulnerable to slitting and pilfering.
|Selling Unit Qty
|03 in x 06 in
| TAMPERED / OPENED